1. I have too much stuff. Way. too. much. Nothing puts your amount of belongings into perspective like having to put it all in boxes/bags/bins and asking your friends and family to carry it. I blame the amount of stuff I have accumulated on the fact that I have always been an "old soul". Which translates to having thoughts about what you should save for your future home/kids when you are about 12.
2. Before you buy a house you should open all the appliance doors all the way. That is all I am saying about that. :(
3. When you have a toddler whose favorite thing in the whole world in taking things out of boxes packing is hard.
4. We really have awesome friends and family. So many people helped us pull this move off in a variety of ways. It reminds me of why I live here...and sometimes that reminder is necessary.
5. I hate moving. I've done it 10 times in the last 12 years. I never want to move again. (My husband says, I always say that.)
6. Stuff will get "lost in the move" - just accept it.