Monday, January 21, 2013

The Lion & the Mouse

Noah's Book Club: January 2013

Title: The Lion & the Mouse
an (almost) wordless masterpiece



Author: Jerry Pinkney 

Why Noah picked it: My Mom was unpacking books in our new house and I saw this lion book and because of my love of lions I got really excited. Much to Mommy's surprise I fell in love with this book and now demand it every day before nap or bedtime (or both). The book has almost no text but Mommy or Daddy narrate the illustrations for me. It has an owl, lions, and elephants so I am sold. Beautiful illustrations and a simple story have my parents retelling this fable again and again. I also highly recommend this author's Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star...another book I ask for by name on many nights. 



No comments:

Post a Comment