Friday, January 20, 2012

10 things I've learned this month...

I wrote and posted this on facebook on November 21st. Just re-posting it here now:
1.) Trust my instincts...this especially goes when it concerns my body and medical professionals. IE: The nurse who told me my water hadn't broken...when it clearly had or the other nurse who told me I had hours of labor left...45 mins. before Noah was born.
2.) Nothing in my apartment or wardrobe is safe from the many things that come out of a baby AND that none of that stuff really matters.
3.) At some point the lack of sleep does catch up with me and I can sleep standing up (leaning against the baby's swing).
4.) Sleeping while the baby is sleeping is easier said than done.
5.) Some people are just silly enough to ask me "What are you doing with all your free time?" and "Are you bored?" when I have a NEWBORN child.
6.) Read all the books, talk to your friends, listen to the doctors...then do what works for you and your baby.
7.) Noah loves to eat.
8.) Noah loves mirrors.
9.) When all else fails...swaddle, pacifier, bounce, and SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
10.) I have a wonderful family, great friends, and most importantly a loving husband. (I sorta already knew this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment